Typos have always stuck out at me like a sore thumb, but this morning I found my first html typo. I was reading through app advice and noticed html in lieu of an apostrophe. Smiling, I thought, “that’s a big ut-oh”, but immediately my curiosity was piqued when I noticed an apostrophe properly displayed two lines down.
You can see what I’m referring to in this screen shot
That’s when I viewed the source to see what was causing the difference and you can see the screen shot of that as well
& is the html code for an apostrophe and that’s what was placed in front of the first #8217;
In the second line where the apostrophe was displayed properly, the html was ’
I’m guessing the person is so used to keying amp; after & that their fingers were on auto pilot. It happens.